Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sunday Walk

Subdued walk after more insomniac shenanigans this weekend, but quite lovely and sunny and cool I must say. Went to the rose garden with Eric, where everything is pruned back to stems awaiting spring's explosion in about a month's time. Rashly changed my usual omelette order to a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich at our diner this morning. I have a whole week to regret that uninspired decision in... Finishing up the first third of term this week, my theory survey courses have provided the groundwork -- Marx, Nietzsche, Freud -- fetish, figure, fact -- and now we turn to postmarxist, biopolitical, intersectional, ecological elaborations and applications and subversions for the next two thirds. I would be enjoying myself if it weren't for all the extra stuff I have to do, recc letters, studio visits, office hours, union stuff, independent studies, thesis students, a million little administrivial tasks a couple more of which seem to get larded onto my duties with each passing year. As it is, it's a slog and I'm always swamped and walking the buzzsaw's edge of burnout.

No comments: