Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Entire "Philosophy" HANGS from These Cheekbones

If Ayn Rand were Edwina Monsoon.

I mean, given the narcissism and sociopathy and stuff it isn't exactly a surprising linkage, but come to think of it, Eddy really does have more than her share of sublimely bonkers Randroidal moments...
EDDY: Why, oh why, do we pay taxes, hmmm? I mean, just to have bloody parking restrictions and BUGGERY-UGLY traffic wardens, and BOLLOCKY pedestrian BLOODY crossings?... and those BASTARD railings outside shops windows, making it so difficult so you can't even get in them! I mean, I know they're there to stop stupid people running into the street and killing themselves! But we're not all stupid! We don't all need nurse-maiding. I mean, why not just have a Stupidity Tax? Just tax the stupid people!
Of course, there is no Edwina Monsoon Institute filled with earnest white skinned suburban shut-ins quoting Ab Fab episodes and declaring her the Daughter of Aristotle, but that may be an American versus British thing.

4 comments:

jimf said...

> My Entire "Philosophy" HANGS from These Cheekbones

But can you recite it standing on one leg?

;->

Dale Carrico said...

I'm FORCED to, darling, with this acupuncture needle in my toe!

jimf said...

Relax, darling, and drink your Bolli Stoli.

Chad Lott said...

This might be the best post on Amor Mundi.

It makes me want to make a site called Objectively Fabulous where Ayn Rand quotes are on Eddy pics and Eddy quotes are on Ayn Rand pics.

Sort of like that whole Ryan Gosling "Hey, girl" thing.