Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Friday, December 09, 2011

"Cleansing Blood Will Run Through the Streets"



I guess what I find extraordinary (-ish), is the modesty of the exaggerations in the parody ad, exposing the civilization-dismantlement lust entailed by Ron Paul's libertopian vision. I mean, "Food Stamps -- gone! Regular Stamps -- gone!" is a funny line, but of course lipsmacking contemplation of the demolition of both Food Stamps and the Postal Service is in fact "mainstream" crazytown daydreaming in Paul's neck of the woods...

1 comment:

jollyspaniard said...

My sensibilities must be too finely tuned because Ron Paul's original ad is already too over the top to parody. I've been sharing the original ad with people because it's scarily funny as it is.