Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Obama Continues to Draw the Contrast

Undaunted by the squalling infants of the cruel nonsensical Randroid Right who declared the Black Man in the White House mean for pointing out and arguing against what he takes to be the damaging consequences of their budgetary policy proposals, and taking up anew the themes of his George Washington University speech last week, Obama had this to say yesterday in his Palo Alto Town Hall:
The Republican budget that was put forward I would say is fairly radical… [but] I wouldn’t call it particularly courageous…. Nothing is easier, than solving a problem on the backs of people who are poor, or people who are powerless and don’t have lobbyists or don’t have clout…. I do think Mr. Ryan is sincere. I think he’s a patriot. I think he wants to solve a real problem, which is our long-term deficit. But I think that what he and the other Republicans in the House of Representatives also want to do is change our social compact in a pretty fundamental way.

No comments: