Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Prepping

I've made and posted podcast recordings for short lectures on Frantz Fanon, Laura Mulvey, Kobena Mercer, Michel Foucault, and Angela Davis. I just finished a podcast recording for short lectures on Seneca's satire the "Pumpkinification" of Claudius and Suetonius' satire-inflected account of Caligula as well. Next up, I still need to craft and record a lecture about Juvenal's satires as well. That's my job for tomorrow. Everybody wants to zoom zoom zoom all the livelong day -- who cares about the shitty privacy politics and shitty security and shitty reduction of academics let alone sociality -- but I'm just plowing ahead with work as best I can. I need only make it through three more weeks of this deranging demoralizing demand and distress... And then we'll really see how bad things might get.

No comments: