Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Prepping... And Not

Spending lots of time staring saucer-eyed into the abyss... Eric and I are bingeing Dark Shadows and Golden Girls at home evenings. I'm reading Anna Lowenhaupt Tsing's beautiful book The Mushroom At the End of the World (if that seems odd, perhaps the subtitle will help: On the Possibility of Life in Capitalist Ruins). Otherwise, I'm squinting with pained incomprehension at tutorials on how to use Zoom for MA reviews and how to upload recordings onto Googledrive. The level of concentrated attention I usually devote to the construction of lectures is, shall we say, rather had to work up and maintain in the present chaotic state of things. My school has just thrown in the towel and is closing its doors after a hundred fifty years, and suddenly I'm facing worst fears, another pandemic, another great recession, another season of precarity. Good times!

No comments: