Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Teaching This Week

I didn't get around to Naomi Klein in my lecture last week, so this week we begin with her. Then I'll be reading from William Burroughs and we'll move into Hannah Arendt and the Biopolitical Turn. Not sure if we'll manage to get through all the notes I've crafted for today, but there it is. Tomorrow I'm finishing up Judith Butler and going over a host of short queer manifestos by queer artists and queer theorists which should be a lot of fun tho' the potential for mess is also a bit high. Fall is two-thirds through, and writing workshops and symposia begin to fill the syllabus as final weeks and final projects beckon. End of term frankly cannot come quick enough, teaching in Trump times is quite demoralizing and exhausting.

2 comments:

chad lott said...

Do you ever teach/have you read Michelle Tea's piece about Valerie Solanas? It's in her book Against Memoir. There's also a good piece about a 90s SF lesbian gang called The Hags.

Dale Carrico said...

I have read it, but I hadn't thought about teaching it. You're right, I should.