Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday Brunch and Walk

Beautiful autumnal stroll to our Piedmont Street diner and bakery -- the weather was so nice we actually had to wait for a table (we avoid the many hipster brunch spots along Piedmont where this is commonplace, ours is more a friendly shaggy greasy spoon), then we walked to the Rose Garden which was also more than usually thronged even as the roses are browning and fading by now a bit. What a lovely day! Much of my grading is behind me at least, but I've still got lectures to craft: Finishing up Barthes, moving on to Debord for Tuesday and maybe some Naomi Klein. In the Queer theory survey course for Wednesday it's Judith Butler, with still a bit more Sandy Stone and student presentations galore. A bit overstuffed, but whatever will be will be. I'm in no mood to work at all, but work I will anyway.

No comments: