Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Friday, September 16, 2016

Indica Is Indicated

This insomnia is really getting brutal! I made it through another long teaching day, three hours lecture on both sides of the Bay with a cramped commute clinging exhausted to a strap in between and with little sleep to go on... Teaching Nietzsche in the City nine to noon in one seminar while working up lectures for my Berkeley lecture at three for the Sophistical sequence of Platonic dialogues, Apology, Protagoras, Gorgias, Phaedrus, Symposium has an enormous impact on one's understanding of... Nietzsche. I mean, it's an obvious point, Nietzsche was a philologist and made no secret of his Socratic obsession, but it is still strange to grasp just how often what seemed punk rock in your first adolescent encounter with Nietzsche turns out to be a nerdy jokey citations of work thousands of years old. I slept like the dead past noon this morning and made up my sleep deficit at last after the usual rocky start... I must say when recreational cannabis is legalized in California in a couple months and its delivery becomes easier and more reliable I must say I fear this insomnniac phase of my life threatens to turn me into a regular pothead, just to relax and get my sleep back.

No comments: