Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Long Teaching Day

Last day teaching in the City -- after which I will be up to my neck in papers and projects to grade, I'm afraid. Although students lately seem to expect the last day to be a perfunctory affair, I actually continue to teach right to the end, with my mannered comedy course ending on Ab Fab and my critical theory survey taking up Donna Haraway and Gayatri Spivak's Planetarity. The readings have the added freight of crystallizing or at any rate culminating key themes from the course. Sometimes the classroom takes on a somewhat Bacchanalian edge, which I suspect has to do with the proportion of the students who have pulled all-nighters. We shall see. Blogging, as always, low to no for a bit.

No comments: