Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What I'm Doing Instead of Blogging

It's between terms and all my grading is behind me and I'm preparing only desultorily the courses that begin a couple of weeks from now, in short, I'm on vacation. Sometimes I become enormously engaged in blogging in my off time, but not this time, for whatever reason, at least not yet. I'm watching for the first time and with great pleasure the complete DVD set of Deadwood, and also re-reading His Dark Materials, and, as always, reading Arendt (at the moment, Men in Dark Times). I still think so-called futurists are ridiculous charlatans and Republicans know-nothing sociopaths, and no doubt I'll return soon enough to saying just why more generally or in what particular ways these deficiencies of theirs are on exhibit in this or that idiotic event, but for the moment they seem to me altogether unworthy of elaborated comment to that effect.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I thought this might interest you. Apparently mind uploading results in the creation of zombies. And it looks like the uebermenschen are founding a Singularity University.