Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Staycationing

A vacation away from screens, reveling in pages instead. Finished Wendy Brown's book a few days ago, as I mentioned, just finished another volume of About Time (a multivolume work on Doctor Who I've been grazing all year and have more than half still to go, by the time I finish which they'll probably have published yet another volume), am starting Paul Magrs's Mars trilogy, which looks like fun, and also I'm reading the Whitechapel Gallery series of Documents in Contemporary Art volume on "Sound" as well as Amelia Jones' The Artist's Body, both for pleasure as well as a way to get more truly in the spirit of a couple of MA theses I'm directing this upcoming year with students who have exciting things to show me and the world in coming months. I've also been futzing in my journal with creative writing exercises (Paul Magrs turns up here again, and some of you will already know how he connects to Doctor Who), crafting my way toward the utterly unreadable science fiction I've been meaning to write since I was a kid, reading pages, writing pages, turning pages.

No comments: