Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, January 01, 2019

I Have Too Many Students Who Smoke Tobacco

And coming home I walk past yet another art school where students are smoking like stacks on the sidewalks as well, and in the sight of hundred of high school kids next door. I hate it! Every summer I am shocked to find bright Berkeley students fondly or convulsively fingering their packs in the breaks. And the "anti-smoking" ads I occasionally see on television seem like promotional flirtations as much as anything else. Smoking is stupid and gross in every way. It is singularly nasty, it is a surreal waste of your money, it is completely unpleasant and alienating to be around, it is grotesquely unhealthy. Stop doing it. Don't start.

No comments: