Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Sunday Walk and Brunch

A lovely, lazy day... long, languid summer shadows, sweet cool breezes, nothing like so purgatorial as last week's blaze. My summer intensive is halfway through, and the upcoming week is a little less frenetic for me. I've already finished crafting the mid-term exam I'll be administering Tuesday, on Wednesday we're screening and discussing Cronenberg's "A History of Violence," which I've taught many times by now. Only Thursday's lecture on Arendt and Fanon looks demanding, really. Things are truly racing along now -- this time next week I'll be grading mid-terms, prepping an Octavia Butler novel, and getting ready for them to workshop their final papers. By then, it's like accelerating to the finish line. A nice distraction from the grotesque enraging demoralizing endless illegalities and immoralities and inanities of Trumpmerica, I must say.

No comments: