Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Thursday, May 02, 2019

Gack!

For the second time this month I've got some kind of bug, so I'm prepping my lecture for Friday with a stuffy nose, sore throat, muzzy head, a grizzled cough, and the exhaustion of a nearly sleepless night behind me (always the struggle). It's end of term and I'm just going to have to brute force my way through this and hope to rest and recuperate in a week while I'm grading finals somehow before my Berkeley intensive cranks up. Would love to sleep all day, instead I'm crafting a few hours on Haraway as a link to Lorde and the Combahee River Collective on the one hand and to STS on the other via Harvey (on techno-fetishism), Leopold (Land Ethic as ANT precursor) and Latour, natch, making his later ecological noises. I've taught all this many time before, but never quite in this combination and never at quite this historical moment and it is feeling especially daunting in the face of this cold-borne wooziness.

No comments: