Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday Walk

Eric was feeling sick yesterday and we postponed our long walk and brunch to today, had a great breakfast and spent some time in Chapel of the Chimes. Spent the afternoon reading Mary Beard's new book, an unobjectionable diversion derived from episodes she wrote for the recent "Civilizations" series (I haven't seen it). Also reading Ursula Le Guin's Lavinia, which I'm aiming to finish by this week with my last lecture of the term (I begin the term reading one of her earliest novels, Rocannon's World), and as always with her work, it's beautiful and provocative and utterly engrossing. Listening to Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer over and over and over again. I'm not sure I'll be listening to this one more than ArchAndroid and Electric Lady a year from now, but it's all I'm listening to now, and I do so loooooove it. Ready for the end of Spring, less ready for the beginning of Summer. 

No comments: