Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Teaching Days This Week

Harry Hay and Audre Lorde in "Queer Manifestations" tomorrow. The selections from Lorde's Sister Outsider are especially inspiring, I read them first as an undergraduate myself in a women's studies course I took in the Philosophy Department back in Atlanta back in the late 1980s. For Thursday in "Peace in Pieces" we're reading King (Letter from Birmingham City Jail and A Declaration of Independence from the Vietnam War) and Ella Baker. I've taught King so many times over the years, but I am still impressed by the grace and concision of his writing, the courage and care of his truly radical thinking. Selective misreadings of King to justify complacency, moderation and assimilation are especially enraging once one actually reads King with any attention...

No comments: