Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Friday, April 25, 2014

Long Teaching Day

A night of insomnia greets the dawn of my long teaching day. How apt to be discussing resource descent (carbon fuels, water, "high-tech" materials, topsoil, effective antibiotics) in my Planetary Thinking and Environmental Justice course this morning, battling my own exhaustion all the while. And in my graduate survey of Critical Theory we have arrived at Valerie Solanas, Judith Butler, Donna Haraway, and Carol Adams, feminist, cyborg, species politics. At the heart of my training, let us hope I really truly can teach these materials with my eyes closed. I am ready to close them again already. Off to my shower! Blogging today will be low to no again, naturally.

No comments: