Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back from Break, Back to Breaking

Spring break is already over, and I'm off to the City to teach again. Today won't be so bad, we're screening John Carpenter's "They Live" and discussing it as an effort at popular ideology-critique that interestingly fails because it doesn't critique the enabling racist-misogynist-aggressivist ideology of the action film genre it is always also exemplifying. That is always a romp. My MA Thesis students are scheduling final reviews as they head into the home stretch for submitting their texts -- and I'm sitting in on at least four of them, all taking place in addition to my usually scheduled lectures over this and next week, and that makes the return to work a bit more frenetic than the normal slog. To think this time last week I was taking in a whole season of Game of Thrones in my sweats, munching a burrito and gulping a beer without a care in the world!

No comments: