Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Fling

I'm grading mid-terms for the Critical Theory survey course (here's the syllabus) I'm teaching at the Art Institute in the City. Last weekend, I graded finals and handed in grades thus polishing off the first of my summer intensives, a course on the graphic novel, at Berkeley (syllabus), and I'm already a third of the way through the second summer intensive at Berkeley, a writing course organized around the theme of violence and nonviolence (syllabus). Things are pretty hectic, as they have been all summer long, but it'll be over before I know it now. At this point, I teach very nearly as much material in the summer as I do the whole rest of the year, which I still can't quite get my brain around. Anyway, apart from occasional railing on political topics I realize my posting has been a wee bit on the fluffy end of things. I'm glad people seem to like the Fool Me Tee Vee snippets at any rate. It is amusing to think that for years I have used Amor Mundi primarily to think through things in twining ramifying maze-posts, and yet, rather like the more concise and acerbic Futurological Bickbats and Dispatches from Libertopia, it's the Fool Me Tee Vee quips I've been posting off the top of my head through this summer of pedagogical preoccupation that are coming to be what people come to and remember the blog for. It's one of those life is what happens when you are busy making other plans sorts of things Lennon liked to laugh about, I suppose. Now there was a man who knew how to make a quip that would lodge in the brain for good. Anyway, for good or for ill, Amor Mundi will return to proper form in a few weeks' time.

No comments: