Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Must-Read Debt-Ceiling Trainwreck Blogging

I read BooMan and Benen every day (often more than once a day) for principled and yet pragmatic but also fairly nitty-gritty in the weeds political blogging (there are others I read for vantages on the same stuff that are more idealistic, or radical, or snarky, or economics-driven, or philosophically inclined, or attuned to environmental, technnoscientific, gender, race issues, say). As a general matter, I would probably say Benen is a little more indispensable than BooMan to me -- if only because Benen manages sometimes to calm my frayed nerves in the midst of the distress his topic inevitably provokes, while BooMan sees things more as I see them myself, which is rarely consoling -- but I must say that on the ongoing trainwreck of the inane and insane debt-ceiling hostage drama imposed on us all by the killer clowns in the Republican House, BooMan has simply been on fire. If you're befuddled by the unfolding nonsense, do read them both as always if you have the time and inclination, but it seems to me BooMan has simply been must-read on this whole thing.

No comments: