Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Soundtrack For Grading Finals

When I grade papers, especially in the crazed intensity of grading marathons at finals, I find that my listening preferences change quite a bit. I have a handful of go-to pieces of music that I like to have on in the background, pieces that I never really listen to at all otherwise. I don't doubt that at this point it is mostly a matter of historical associations inducing a kind of craving at finals time and something of an aversion otherwise, but here's mine, and I wonder if others have a similar playlist and what might be on it.

Bjork, Vespertine
Cocteau Twins, Heaven or Las Vegas
Antonio Carlos Jobin, Wave
Joni Mitchell, The Hissing of Summer Lawns
Igor Stravinsky, Firebird Suite
Omar Faruk Tekbilek, Whirling

No comments: