Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Teaching in Weeds Not Tweeds

The second week of my critical theory survey course at Berkeley ends today -- it feels like we've scarcely begun and yet we're nearly a third of the way through already -- two thirds through the whole summer, since the first six-week intensive on Greek/Roman rhetoric ended before this latest survey began. Teaching these intensives one really burns through weeks of time like a flash fire, and it isn't just time that burns away let me tell you. In the classroom setting, the subject matter always energizes me, I can't help that, but the moment I'm no longer teaching and crawl onto the bus for home a wave of exhaustion hits me, and seems to get a bit more obliterative with each week, the longer summer teaching continues. As with everything you get a lot out of, I suppose, it takes a lot out of you. Normal blogging to resume pretty soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're doing it right.