Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Breaking

It's spring break this week and I'm in the Mirror Universe, unpacking boxes in every spare minute where for weeks I was packing them. The new place is more snug than the last and with every emptied and collapsed box more space opens up. It's going quickly and well, but it's taking up all my time. In less than two weeks I'm giving my APA talk on "transhumanism" and it is hard to figure out how to confine my comments to the under twenty minutes allotted each panelist. Delivering two solid hours of critique would be incomparably easier, and much more useful even for an unsympathetic audience.

3 comments:

jimf said...

> . . .I'm in the Mirror Universe. . .

Uh oh! Did you wake up with a beard?

I very much envy the situation you'll be **after having completed the
move** (there's nothing enviable about having to find a place,
pack, move, and unpack).

After having shed the detritus of so many years, you'll be able
to relax and say (like Madeline Kahn as Marlene in _Blazing
Saddles_) "I feel wefweshed!"

;->

Dale Carrico said...

I haven't had a beard since I pretended to have a girlfriend in junior high school.

jimf said...

> . . .with every emptied and collapsed box. . .

Wouldn't it have been convenient to have had a few robots on hand
for that move?

Where are the goddamn robots when you need them? Loafing in
the pages of sci-fi novels and comic books, and on TV and
movie screens, as usual.