Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Monday, May 28, 2012

Plato!

Not much blogging today -- I'm prepping for this week's lectures for my classical rhetoric summer intensive at Berkeley. Plato takes center stage this week, I'll be lecturing on the Apology, Protagoras, quite a lot of the Republic, and the Symposium (my favorite). Two plays are woven in on top of all that, Euripides' amazing Hecuba and Aristophanes' bizarre Wasps. Nine hours' lecture may seem like a lot, but it's actually quite cramped if you really want to open a window on all this fabulous literature. I've taught most of these texts many times before, but I'm rusty on a few of them, so I'm spending most of the day reading and scribbling. Any grilling this Memorial Day will be of myself.

No comments: