Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christopher Hitchens' Body Has Caught Up to His Brain

Possibly it was disappointment at the end of the Iraq War that finally did him in? I raise my glass to a fellow contrarian, whose example restrains my sipping it: I mostly thought you were a prick, Hitch, even when we agreed. It's lucky for you, especially now, there is no hell but the one they make on earth for sexists to burn in for their sins.

3 comments:

jollyspaniard said...

He was a prick albiet with an admirable command of the English language.

sintilating said...

He was an ass, and disagreed with him on many points, but I liked the world with him in it. He made me laugh, he was brilliant, and he did more to further the cause of atheism than most washy atheists. I don't know why you've called him a sexist. I may disagree with him, but I never doubt that his intentions are honest. And even that you cannot doubt.

Dale Carrico said...

I don't know why you've called him a sexist.

If you care to know, ten minutes on google will point the way.

his intentions are honest. And even that you cannot doubt.

His intentions? Who knows? Certainly you do not. I do know that he never gave in to mawkish faux sentimentality when speaking of the dead with whom he had differences, nor did he ever recommend anything but stridency and style in the declaration of opinions. I'm fairly sure he would have approved my, er, tribute as far as that goes and then picked a fight with me.