Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Writing Regress Report

I've extensively revised a post from 2007 entitled The Technodevelopmental Quartet and added it to the posts archived under the heading Futurology Against Ecology. Comments and criticisms welcome. I've been working all month trying to see whether I could actually produce from re-arrangements, elaborations and amplifications these posts a more conventionally publishable worthwhile book. The provisional title for the project is Hole Earth: Futurology Against Ecology. Comments, criticisms, suggestion about that are welcome, too. I find the work harder than expected and provocative of many ambivalences. I really begin to wonder whether I am temperamentally unsuited to the book-form: heaven knows I found thesis-writing and dissertating painful in the extreme. What is it about the provisional and improvisatory formats of blog-posts and lecture-notes that seems to me so much more congenial?

No comments: