Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Orszag Goes From Hot to Not in One Split Second

Back in my catting around days, I can't tell you how many times a guy I had my eye on in some loud dark bar, and who seemed really hot all night long, would manage in the space of a split second to go from utterly hot to undoably not, by sidling up to me and opening his mouth whereupon he would say some unutterably oafish or imbecilic thing, revealing himself to be some kind of wannabe stock-broker prick rather than the borderline shy-wild queergeek I had fancied. That's what it was like reading the epically lame and flabbergastingly wrongheaded op-ed by former (thankfully, I now think) Obama budget director Peter Orszag arguing that we should extend the Bush tax cuts even though we cannot afford them as a nation. I didn't link to it, by all means find it yourself if you want to be bored by an all-too-familiar Villager argument about why doing the wrong thing for the rich is always the right thing after all. All I'm saying is that Peter Orszag is now that sexy guy in the bar who only has to open his mouth and say what's on his mind to lose all sex appeal. And that's a crying shame.

No comments: