Using Technology to Deepen Democracy, Using Democracy to Ensure Technology Benefits Us All

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Zeds!

Eric plays MMORPGs and reports that more and more people in the game seem to be referring to the dismal decade through which we're all presently slogging as the Zeds. Anecdotal, but is anybody else noticing this in other contexts? Signs of a global consensus emerging around this conspicuously non-American designation of the first decade of this glorious "New American Century" would be both interesting and apt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I perfer the term "noughties", it fits the Bush administration.

jim moore

jimf said...

> . . .the Zeds

The Zeds? Not the Zebs?
(as in Atlas?).

Oops. Too Much Information!
:-0 :-0

Anonymous said...

Legends state that if you say "Zeb" three times into a mirror, Zeb Atlas will come to your house and carry you off in his freakishly huge arms.

jimf said...

> Legends state that if you say "Zeb" three times into a mirror. . .

Hm. Does it have to be a full-length mirror?

Mitchell said...

This is the first I've heard of it. I'm non-American, can I vote for "the zeroes" instead?

Geoff said...

screenshots or doesn't happen. Just kidding. But seriously, what MMOs does he play?

Anonymous said...

Eve Online now but I've played several others...mainly DAoC, CoH/V and WoW. I have my eye on AoC as a possible new time-sink.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go buy railguns for my shiny new battlecruiser. :)

Nato Welch said...

No sightings here. I'm a yank living in Victoria, BC, Canada.